Museum search

Seu d’Ègara. Churches of Sant Pere

Baroque altarpiece. Chapel of Sant Valentí, 17th century

Baroque altarpiece, probably from the late 17th century, chapel of Sant Valentí in the Church of Sant Pere. Photo: Teresa Llordés

Baroque altarpiece, probably from the late 17th century, chapel of Sant Valentí in the Church of Sant Pere. Photo: Teresa Llordés

This earliest baroque altarpiece from the Church of Sant Pere today stands in the chapel of Sant Valentí. References from 1689-1699 place it in this period. 

The only baroque altarpiece preserved in Terrassa, it is of large dimensions but all that remains of the original architecture are the gilt work, spiral columns, angels, cherubim and plant motifs.

From an old image we learn that the recesses contained images of Sant Valentí, Sant Server, Sant Josep, Sant Julià and Sant Antoni. 

There is a relief with the emblem of Sant Pere, the crossed keys and pontifical tiara,  on the predella.

scroll to top icon