The Santa Maria Romanesque church of Terrassa was consecrated on 2 January 1112. The nave and the transept of the new Romanesque building utilised the apse of the previous head from the time of the bishopric of Ègara. This is a Latin cross building covered with a pointed barrel vault. On the transept, a hemispherical dome rises over horns, which on the outside becomes an octagonal dome, over which the bell tower rises.
On the main façade and on the north side we find decoration of the early Romanesque style, based on blind arches and pilasters.