The Palau de Maricel palace is one of the most emblematic buildings in Sitges. As part of the Maricel group of buildings of artistic and monumental value, it is also known as Maricel de Terra (Maricel on the Land), so as to differentiate it from the museum, known as Maricel de Mar (Maricel on the Sea).
The Golden Hall, the Blue Hall, the Chapel Hall, the Boat Hall, the patios and cloister (with a magnificent panoramic view of the Mediterranean) are the main spaces making up the palace. With its clearly-defined neo-classical style known as noucentisme, the different rooms each have their own decoration and stand out uniquely from each other.
The Palau de Maricel currently has three functions. It is used for important institutional and cultural events in the civic and cultural life of Sitges, including concerts, congresses and presentations. Some of its spaces, furthermore, are rented by private entities and companies to hold various events, such as weddings. Finally, the rooms, patio and cloister are shown in guided visits organized by the Museums of Sitges each Sunday. During the summer months, the visit program is expanded to include castanet concerts and Full Moon Suppers on the patios.
In the majestic Salón de Oro (Golden Hall), Museums of Sitges organizes various academic events, including sessions on the art market, collecting and museums, as well as the International Symposium on Noucentisme. The space has been used over the years for a long list of distinguished social and cultural events, such as the sessions of the Encounter of Catalan and Castilian Intellectuals under the auspices of the Catalan government in 1981, or various meetings organized by the Universidad Menéndez y Pelayo, amongst many more.
General Admission: Palau de Maricel: 5 €
Check discounts and other types of tickets on our website.
Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Train: Line R2 Sur (South) from the Estació de França
- Bus: Monbus from Ronda Universitat
- Private vehicle: Motorway C-32 to Exit 30, (Sitges Centro)
- Train: Line R15 or Line R16 from the Tarragona Station and Line R2 Sur from the Sant Vicenç de Calders Station
- Bus: Monbus from the Plaça Imperial Tàrraco, and Plana line from Plaça de Eduard Maristany, in Vilanova i la Geltrú
- Private vehicle: Highway N-240, Motorway AP-7 and Motorway C-32 to Exit 30 (Sitges Centro)
- Private vehicle: Highway LL-12, Motorway AP-2 and Motorway C-32 until Exit 30 (Sitges Centro)
- Private vehicle: Highway C-65, Motorway AP-7, Ronda de Dalt and Motorway C-32 until Exit 30 (Sitges Centro)