Puig Castellar is located in the Serralada de Marina Park, at 303 m above sea level, and covers an area of 5,000 m². The site belonged to the Laietani people and dates back from the beginning of the 4th century to the beginning of the 2nd centuries BC.
The urban structure of the town adapts to the characteristics of the terrain, and the houses rise up creating terraces that compensate for the gradient. Items have been found showing local uses and functions and the activities that were carried out, relating to storage, weaving, grain milling and metal working.
The settlement was discovered in 1902 and since then there have been various excavation campaigns which have enabled the recovery of a large number of objects, some of which denote the richness of the site. A large number of these pieces are preserved at the Balldovina Tower Museum. In recent years the museum facilities have also been subject to amelioration.