Vertical compartment waterwheel with wooden compartments rotating around an axle with 10 spokes. It was operated by the force provided by the drop along the mill run. The drop matched the height of the wheel.
The function of the wheel was to beat the cellulose pulp, removing the impurities and refining it.
It comes from the former paper mill Cal Ton del Pere, in Sant Pere de Riudebitlles (Alt Penedès). This old mill was first a flour mill, before switching to paper production in 1785. It remained in operation until 1967.