The Romanesque cathedral of Vic was consecrated by Bishop Oliba in 1038. After a series of renovations and extensions, it was demolished to enable the construction of the current cathedral. The Romanesque sculpture that it contained found its way into a number of museums around the world. We do not know for sure where these reliefs were located inside the cathedral. According to contemporary testimony, they could have formed part of a doorway or an altarpiece. These five reliefs represent the winged lion that symbolizes the evangelist Mark, the angel of the evangelist Matthew, the Agnus Dei, or lamb of God, Christ appointing Peter as head of the church and the resurrection of Tabitha.