Welcome to Cau Ferrat Museum, the former house and studio of painter, dramatist and collector Santiago Rusiñol. Rusiñol came to Sitges in October 1891 to spend a few months here. In the summer of 1893 he bought a fishing cottage and asked his friend the architect Francesc Rogent to design a space that would serve as both his home and studio. The following year he bought the house next door and again it was Rogent who designed the space as we see it today.
Rusiñol brought his art collection from his Barcelona studio to exhibit it in this house. When he died in 1931, aged seventy, the town of Sitges inherited the house and collections.
The house has two floors, each with own specific purpose. The ground floor has maintained the characteristics of vernacular architecture, while the diaphanous first floor, in the neo-Gothic modernista style, houses the collections.
INDIVIDUAL ADMISSION FEES
- Cau Ferrat and Maricel Museum: €10.00
From 30 de june to 15 July: Tuesday to Thursday (holidays included) from 10:00 to 14:00; Friday, Saturday and Sunday; 10:00 to 19:00; Monday closed.
From 16 July to 30 August: Tuesday to Sunday (holidays included) from 10:00 to 20:00; Monday closed.
From 1 November to 28 February: Tuesday to Sunday (holidays included) from 10:00 to 17:00; Monday closed..
DAYS OF SPECIAL SCHEDULES
- 23 August (Local Festival) -> Only from 10am to 2pm (and Fundació Stämpfli from 10am to 2pm)
- 22 September (Saint Tecla) -> Only from 10am to 2pm (and Fundació Stämpfli from 10am to 2pm)
- 24 December (Christmas Eve) -> Only from 10am to 3pm (and Fundació Stämpfli from 10am to 2pm)
- 31 December (New Year’s Eve) -> Only from 10am to 3pm (and Fundació Stämpfli from 10am to 2pm)
- 1 January (New Year)
- 6 January (Epiphany) - 1 May (Work Day)
- 24 August (Local Festival)
- 11 September (Catalan National Day)
- 23 September (Saint Tecla)
- 25 December (Christmas)
- 26 December (Boxing Day)
- Train: R2 Sud line from Estació de França.
- Coach: MonBus line from Ronda Universitat.
- Private vehicle: C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre).
- Train: R15 or R16 lines from Tarragona and the R2 Sud line from Sant Vicenç de Calders.
- Coach: MonBus line from Plaça Imperial Tàrraco and Plana line from Plaça d’Eduard Maristany in Vilanova i la Geltrú.
- Private vehicle: AP-7 and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or N-240 main road.
- Private vehicle: AP-2 and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or LL-12 main road.
- Private vehicle: AP-7, Ronda de Dalt ring-road and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or C-65 main road.