The Maricel Museum offers a complete artistic itinerary from the 10th century up to Realism and figurative artin the first half of the 20th century, through the collections of Dr. Jesús Pérez-Rosales and the town of Sitges, containing works of great quality. The presentation encompasses several languages, artistic media and techniques in order to achieve the maximum consistency in the chronological sequence of the evolution of the arts.
Our visit to the Marciel Museum begins on the second floor, with sculptures and altarpieces belonging to the Romanesque and Gothic periods.
The ground floor of the Maricel Museum constitutes four clearly differentiated sections. In the former Gothic Chapel of the Hospital de Sant Joan and the adjoining room, there is a sample on display that prefigures the contents of the Museum's collection. Along with the Chapel, the belevedere, with its views out to sea, is the most spectacular room.
INDIVIDUAL ADMISSION FEES
- Cau Ferrat and Maricel Museum: €10.00
From 30 June to 15 July: from Tuesday to Thursday (including public holidays) from 10:00 to 14:00; Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 19:00 closed on Mondays
From 16 July to 30 August, Tuesday to Sunday (including public holidays) from 10:00 to 20:00; closed on Mondays
From 1 November to 28 February, Tuesday to Sunday (including public holidays) from 10:00 to 17:00; closed on Mondays
DAYS OF SPECIAL SCHEDULES
- 23 August (Local Festival) -> Only from 10am to 2pm (and Fundació Stämpfli from 10am to 2pm)
- 22 September (Saint Tecla) -> Only from 10am to 2pm (and Fundació Stämpfli from 10am to 2pm)
- 24 December (Christmas Eve) -> Only from 10am to 3pm (and Fundació Stämpfli from 10am to 2pm)
- 31 December (New Year’s Eve) -> Only from 10am to 3pm (and Fundació Stämpfli from 10am to 2pm)
- 1 January (New Year) -
6 January (Epiphany)
- 1 May (Work Day)
- 24 August (Local Festival)
- 11 September (Catalan National Day)
- 23 September (Saint Tecla)
- 25 December (Christmas)
- 26 December (Boxing Day)
- Train: R2 Sud line from Estació de França.
- Coach: MonBus line from Ronda Universitat.
- Private vehicle: C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre).
- Train: R15 or R16 lines from Tarragona and the R2 Sud line from Sant Vicenç de Calders.
- Coach: MonBus line from Plaça Imperial Tàrraco and Plana line from Plaça d’Eduard Maristany in Vilanova i la Geltrú.
- Private vehicle: AP-7 and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or N-240 main road.
- Private vehicle: AP-2 and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or LL-12 main road.
- Private vehicle: AP-7, Ronda de Dalt ring-road and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or C-65 main road.