Barbers, tailors, confectioners, teachers, priests and apothecaries, among other trades and professions, made village life more comfortable and prosperous. Some managed to bring health and education, while others spread culture and love among people. Yet others contributed to the peaceful coexistence among people, along with those who sweetened life with words, food, sounds or festivals.
Until the museum was expanded in 2009, this floor led to the old museum, specifically through the door leading to Carrer d’En Canós, which was also the former entrance to the chemist’s owned by the Carulla family, which was founded in 1704.
A wonderful mural by Llucià Navarro depicts the old apothecary, based not on a photograph but on an old drawing sketched by a hiker from Reus. The space contains extremely valuable pieces related to this profession, including mortars for making master formulas, a varied collection of pharmaceutical jars and samples of Vigorina, the muscle strengthener developed by the family.
This floor also enables visitors to become aware of the importance of organisations and associations in village life and the prominence of some of the professions represented.