This site has preserved over 2,000 years of history. The church, Romanesque in origin, has undergone successive extensions, most notably in the 12th and 18th centuries. The built complex enables us to trace the long tradition of local settlements,first dating back to Roman times. The rectory adjoining the north façade dates from 1798. This heritage complex is located in the middle of an archaeological site which has unearthed remains from different periods: a Roman villa from the republican era (1st century BC) which was rebuilt and extended in the imperial period (2nd to 3rd centuries); a Carolingian settlement with a necropolis (9th to 10th centuries); the Romanesque church with its parish and cemetery up to the present day; and a templar farm dated between the late 12th and early 14th centuries.