Also known as the Moors Tower, this defensive watchtower was built in the 17th century. Its location, at the heart of the seafront promenade overlooking the harbour, has made it one of Cambrils best known landmarks. Since the arrival of the first tourists it has been linked to the town’s image as a holiday resort. Catalogued as a Cultural Asset of National Interest, it is used to hold temporary exhibitions and is usually open to the public every day in summer.
It is a round tower with a vaulted first floor preserving the original door defended by an ashlar machicolation. Outside, at the foot of the tower, you can see a type of extension known as an escarpell, common to such structures.
Built by the towns people in the 17th century, the tower passed into private hands in 1894. After almost a hundred years, it was bought in 1993 by Cambrils Town Council and duly renovated and refurbished. Now part of the Cambrils Museum of History, it is open to the public for temporary exhibitions, especially those linked to the sea and maritime heritage.