This building is called Imperio or Maison Neuve. It was built around 1940 of bricks and plaster, with corrugated roofing. The building has a ground floor, first floor and attic. It was used as a canteen and dormitory for the workers, and it could hold up to 60 beds. The beds were what we now know as hot beds, because they were always busy.
Other buildings for workers were the Sinçay building with 16 beds, and the Victoria building with 27 beds.
The workers also stayed in the villages near the mine.