The first written reference to Can Saragossa dates back to 1317, as we learn from the earliest land and assets register preserved at the Girona chapter archives. The most significant events in the history of the building include the renovation carried out in the 15th century, the extensions added in the first half of the 17th century, the new loft and cellar built in the 18th century and the construction of the water deposit and the destruction of its vineyards during the 19th century. Finally, in 1902, the surgeon Narcís Saragossa converted the farmhouse into his family’s summer manor, a major transformation in the neo-Gothic style characteristic of modernista architecture.
In 1954, it was converted into the Hotel Mañana andfunctioned as such for around ten years until the building was eventually purchased by the Municipal Council in 1984.
The ground floor currently hosts an exhibition on the end of the Iberian world and storage space for items belonging to the Maritime Museum.
Tarif général : 3,00 €
Tarif réduit : 1,50 €
Entrée gratuite pour les moins de 12 ans
Mondays to Sundays from 10:00 to 13:00 and from 17:30 to 19:30