The Stämpfli Foundation has one of the most important collections of contemporary art in Catalunya. Founded by Pere and Anna Maria Stämpfli, the Foundation exhibits a selection of works from their collection, consisting of 90 pieces by 60 artists from 22 countries, in their exhibition space in the Plaça de l’Ajuntament in Sitges.
The Stämpfli Foundation was created in 2006 as a channel for the Stämpfli family to offer Sitges a contemporary art centre with work from a selection of important international artists. All the works in the collection were donated by the artists themselves, their descendents or renowned gallery owners, and altogether they make up a singular body of contemporary art from the last fifty years.
The Foundation opened its facilities in 2011, consisting of three rooms where it exhibits a selection of works from the collection. In the first years of operation, the Foundation has also programmed monographic exhibitions every six months.
Pere Stämpfli is a well-known artist whose work is very much in demand particularly in France, Switzerland, Belgium and the United States. His works form part of the foremost public and private collections in Europe, the United States, Japan and Korea. He has presented over sixty individual exhibitions - at the Pompidou Centre and the Galerie Nacional Jue de Palme in Paris - and some 230 collective exhibitions in the course of his long career.
INDIVIDUAL ADMISSION FEES
- Stämpfli Foundation: €5.00
From 1 July to 30 September
- Saturday and Sunday: from 11am to 2pm and from 5pm to 8pm.
From 1 October to 31 October
- Saturday and Sunday: from 10am to 2pm and from 4pm to 7pm.
From 1 November to 30 June
- Saturday and Sunday: from 10am to 2pm.
DAYS OF SPECIAL SCHEDULES
- 23 August (Local Festival) -> Only from 10am to 2pm
- 22 September (Saint Tecla) -> Only from 10am to 2pm
- 24 December (Christmas Eve) -> Only from 10am to 2pm
- 31 December (New Year’s Eve) -> Only from 10am to 2pm
- 1 January (New Year)
- 6 January (Epiphany)
- 1 May (Work Day)
- 24 August (Local Festival)
- 11 September (Catalan National Day)
- 23 September (Saint Tecla)
- 25 December (Christmas)
- 26 December (Boxing Day)
- Train: R2 Sud line from Estació de França.
- Coach: MonBus line from Ronda Universitat.
- Private vehicle: C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre).
- Train: R15 or R16 lines from Tarragona and the R2 Sud line from Sant Vicenç de Calders.
- Coach: MonBus line from Plaça Imperial Tàrraco and Plana line from Plaça d’Eduard Maristany in Vilanova i la Geltrú.
- Private vehicle: AP-7 and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or N-240 main road.
- Private vehicle: AP-2 and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or LL-12 main road.
- Private vehicle: AP-7, Ronda de Dalt ring-road and C-32 motorway to exit 30 (Sitges Centre), or C-65 main road.