The original 12th-century building was converted into a Carthusian monastery in the 14th-15th centuries, when the chapter house, the cloister and the chapel were built. Restored in the 1950s, it has served as a museum since 1959.
It houses the temporary exhibitions room at the Terrassa Museum (Sala del Tinellet) and the permanent exhibition, which displays chronologically, on the basis of local heritage elements, the evolution of the region and human occupation of the city and its surrounding area.
General admission: €3.00
Reduced rate: €2.00, for the over 65s, students, groups of over 20, disabled persons and large families
Free admission for children under 6, residents of Terrassa (with proof), ICOM card, AMC (Associació de Museòlegs de Catalunya) card, authorised teachers and researchers, the first weekend of each month, open days and the unemployed (with proof)
Membership: €7.00, for Seu d’Ègara, Castell Cartoixa de Vallparadís and Casa Alegre de Sagrera
Reduced membership for the three sections: €4.00, for people over 65, students, groups of over 20, disabled persons and large families
Wednesday to Saturday 10 am to 1.30 pm and 4 pm to 7 pm
Sundays from 11 am to 2 pm
Mondays, Tuesdays and holidays, closed
From March 10 to April 18, the month of July and from December 25 to January 2 closed
Motorway C-58 or C-16, Terrassa Centre exit to the Passeig del 22 de Juliol, then Carrer de Salmerón (consult the web for parking places)
With public transport:
Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, line S1-Terrassa, station Vallparadís Universitat
Renfe local lines, line R4, station Terrassa
TMESA: L6, L10 and L11 (Cartoixa de Vallparadís) and L3 and L7 (Creu Gran)