Museum search

Terres de l’Ebre Museum

Chest of drawers moved to the new village of Faió

<p>Chest of drawers moved to the new village of Fai&oacute; in 1967.</p>

Chest of drawers moved to the new village of Faió in 1967.

Works to build the dam at Riba-roja, begun in 1957, involved the flooding of the villages of Faió and Mequinensa. This chest of drawers, together with the recorded oral accounts, attests to the refusal of the part of the last villagers of Faió to abandon their homes until they were forced to do so in 1967. 

scroll to top icon