Museum search

The Cercs Mines Museum

Desk

<p>Desk</p>

Desk

Wooden desk from the Sant Cornelí nursery school classroom with two drawers, a bench and two holes for inkwells. The school was opened between 1918 and 1920, and today is the Cercs Mines Museum central office. This building housed classrooms, student dining halls and residence for the nuns of the Sant Josep Congregation. Up until 1931, the nuns took care of the girls education, and the priests, the boys. During the years of the Second Spanish Republic they were replaced by lay teachers.

scroll to top icon