Museum search

Art Museum of Cerdanyola

Dames de Cerdanyola (Ladies of Cerdanyola)

<p><em>Dames de Cerdanyola</em> (Ladies of Cerdanyola), unknown author, c. 1910, leaded stained glass with enamel and grisaille. &copy; Orlando Barrial</p>

Dames de Cerdanyola (Ladies of Cerdanyola), unknown author, c. 1910, leaded stained glass with enamel and grisaille. © Orlando Barrial

The three panels in the Dames de Cerdanyola (Ladies of Cerdanyola) were executed in around 1910 for the home of the merchant Evarist López, the current headquarters of the MAC, which had been refurbished under the oversight of the architect Eduard Maria Balcells Buïgas.

Installed in the former parlour of the home, they are three large panels (235 × 195 cm) which depict two scenes. The panel located on one of the sides has been called the Dames del gronxador (Ladies of the Swing), and the two front panels, which are located in the same scene interrupted by the pillar of the façade, are called the Dames del llac (Ladies of the Lake) or the Dames dels cignes (Ladies of the Swans) and the Dames de les tulipes (Ladies of the Tulips).

The stained glass windows are included in the Catalogue of Catalan Cultural Heritage.

VIDEO

scroll to top icon